Friday, May 31, 2013

Feature Friday: Style Elixir

I'm so excited to post my first ever "Feature Friday"! I'm sure you all have heard of 
Lauren, the amazing blogger behind the fabulous blog Style Elixir.
 She's truly a beautiful person inside and out!
And today we get to find out more about her, how lucky are we!?



What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I’ve absolutely adored meeting so many new people - and not just that, I’ve made some truly wonderful friends.  I can’t even imagine having not done this and met the people I have (like Joy!).  I think when you start blogging, you have no idea where it will lead or the impact it can have on your life. I continue to be amazed every day by the people and opportunities presented - I’m so grateful.

Describe your style in three words.
I would say it’s polished and feminine, but with an edge.  I believe the devil’s in the detail, so I love adding something unique or different - a pop of color, a bow and a sequin or two :)  (And yes, I’m sorry this is much more than three words!)

What do you like to do for fun?
Oh this is a good question!  To be honest, the first thing that came to mind is theme parks, Disneyworld is one of favorite places on earth (behind Paris!).  I also love just spending time with Chris, my family and my friends… trying anything new, a long walk and brunch with friends, a beauty day with the girls getting mani’s and massages, or dinner at my favorite restaurant.  Although after a long week, sometimes fun is a nice glass of red and catching up on my fave reality tv shows!

Give us your best fashion advice.
The best advice I’d give is… take the time to really understand what works for you.  I don’t often follow the latest trends to a tee, I know what does and doesn’t suit my shape and I adapt to work with that.  Also, get to know what colors are best for you.  Believe it or not, I used to be quite a light blonde and since going darker, I’ve had to change the colors I wear. It makes a big difference!

And finally, when you’re trying on clothes, go with your gut.  You know when you put something on and it instantly feelsperfectWell, that’s when you buyDon’t talk yourself into it - and don’t buy something thinking you’ll loose a couple pounds… I’ve done that before and I’m pretty sure the tag’s still on it! Oh and one more… always do a full 360 before leaving the house, people see you from the back too - so make sure everything’s as it should be!

Tell us a random fact about you.
I’m quite particular and love everything to be just right.  This even extends to my inbox (I have a billion folders and sub-folders) and also probably how I eat, I like separating things on my plate.  Totally weird, I know - but when something comes stacked on top of each other, I always separate it out.


                   I loved all of Lauren's answers! Especially her fashion advice! Thank you Lauren for sharing a little more about you with us! To see more of Lauren click HERE. She inspires me with every post, she's the kind of gal you want to be BFF's with! It's truly been a pleasure getting to know and working with Lauren!
I hope you all enjoyed!

PS.  If you are wanting your blog to grow (I mean who doesn't), I highly recommend advertising with Lauren. Your stats will go through the roof! Not only will your stats improve but she genuinely cares and wants to help you grow your blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover